Hi fellow cat lovers,
I wanted to take a minute and send you all safe and healthy vibes as we are going through this trying time. Please know that each and every one of you and your furbabies are in my thoughts. With that said, I wanted to share a few sites that might ease your stress and provide some peace of mind when it comes to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and your feline friends.
Per the ASPCA, “There have been no reports of pets or livestock becoming ill or spreading the coronavirus in the U.S.” Some things you can do now to keep your kitties safe during the foreseeable future (and beyond):
- Continue to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Stock up on pet supplies and pet medication
- Designate a emergency pet caregiver
- Create a pet emergency kit
As for the American Veterinary Medical Association, they answer some of the most frequently asked questions such as:
- Can I still take my pet to the vet?
- Is testing for SARS-CoV-2 available for animals in the United States?
- What should I do to prepare for my pet’s care in the event I do become ill?
Please stay safe out there and exercise self-responsibility and spatial distancing when possible. We’re in this together!
Leave a Reply